the VWP has produced a factsheet, ‘10 Top Tips to Prevent You Being Exploited at Work’ that gives simple, practical steps that workers can take that can make a difference and get employers to meet their legal responsibilities. The advice includes
- getting contracts of employment in writing;
- checking out the contract properly before signing;
- keeping a record of all hours worked;
- making sure that the employer is paying National Insurance;
- being aware of basic employment rights including procedures for raising grievances;
- using the employment tribunal system;
- getting effective support.
For a copy of the 10 top tips click here.
Filed under: Uncategorized